FREESTYLE LIBRE SENSOR
- The FreeStyle Libre sensor small size (similar to a two pound coin) makes it discreet to wear
- This small water resistant sensor is worn on the back of your upper arm and lasts for up to 14 days.
- The Freestyle Libre Reader (Purchased separately) can capture the data from sensor
·APPLY THE SENSOR
- The FreeStyle Libre sensor is applied on to the back of the upper arm with a simple, disposable device called an applicator. When the sensor is applied, a thin, flexible and sterile fibre is inserted just under the skin. It is held in place with a small adhesive pad.
- To obtain a glucose reading, simply perform a quick, painless 1-second scan of the reader over the sensor. This scan gives you more information than monitoring with blood glucose test strips, without the need for routine finger pricks2. The FreeStyle Libre system also offers optional FreeStyle Libre software to generate concise reports to assist with the analysis of glucose data.
- Each scan of the reader over the sensor gives a current glucose reading, the last 8-hours of glucose history, and a trend arrow showing if glucose is going up, down, or changing slowly. The reader can scan through clothing3.